Monday, August 22, 2011

Seven is My Lucky Number (I Guess)

Went out for a 7 miler on Sunday. It was about 60, sunny, with a slight cool breeze. I tried a new route that the hubs suggested, and Voila! A happy run.

It's about friggin' time.

I was really worried that I was going to overheat, just based on the intensity of the sun. It was seriously the loveliest run I've had in....well....about 3 months. I averaged 10:30s, which is all I really wanted, and I felt strong the whole time. I really needed a "win" on Sunday, and I got it.

Soooo....next weekend is training with my friend Joanne. An 8 mile run, and a 20ish mile bike. Why, you may ask?

Because I am signed up to do a triathlon on 9/3. What the hell was I thinking. Oh yeah...I was thinking about the race shirt.

Damn race shirts get me every time. (I love the race shirts)

It's a little creepy, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment