Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Post-op Day 1

Well, I slept well in the recliner last night. The vicodin might have helped some with that :) I didn't really need it, but I figured it would make me drowsy and if I moved around too much I wouldn't wake up sore.

This morning I feel pretty great! No pain at the belly incision, and just a teeny bit of soreness at the boobs. I really, really want to peek under my binder. But I won't, because my husband scolds me. He said "No peeking or poking! You better not screw this up for me!". I'm trying not to look....

The drains are weird, they just hang like little grenades on tubes. I'm not really conscious of them until I get up to move around (or go to the bathroom). I have to empty them and record the volumes until Friday. So far I haven't been draining much, I'm hopeful I'll lose at least one of them on Friday.

My husband has been so great. He's taking good care of me and the kids. I am very lucky :) At the rate I'm going, I should be more than ready to go back to work in two weeks. If all goes well with the return to work, I will try running the first week of July (gotta get on that training plan for the Whistlestop!). I can't wait to run again...without that big flap of skin bouncing my pants down.

My husband is gearing up to run the Bellin next Saturday. I'm hoping I'll be able to get out and watch him. I envy his speed. I don't envy him running the Bellin. It's too crazy for me. It is fun to watch, though.

My daughter has been giving my husband grief at suppertime. He reports that she will not eat squash because it is "too orange". She will not eat sweet potato fries because they are "too crispy and sweet potatoey". Can't argue with that logic! Mostly because it's not logic. Sigh. The joys of a nearly 4 year old.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, good hubs. So glad you are doing well... it sounds like less pain that I had envisioned. Does Lily know why you had surgery? I love the Bellin, but am missing it due to a former coworker's wedding... for the second year in a row. boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday Lily saw me in my sports bra and yoga pants (before surgery). She said "why is your belly so wrecked?"

    I told her I was going to have my belly fixed. She seemed okay with that :)

    ReplyDelete