Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hooray!

Two awesome things happened today:

1. I ran 2 miles without stopping, and I felt like I could have kept going. I'm taking it slow, though, so I don't hurt myself. 21:34, which is slow for me...but no breaks or walking. I actually forgot to turn on my iPod, which is amazing. I was anticipating my return to running to be painful, so I charged up my 'Pod and figured I'd be relying on tunes to carry me through. I can't believe I didn't use them at all. It makes me so happy.

2. My bike is ready at the shop. I will pick it up tomorrow :) The remainder of my gear will be here tomorrow or Monday, and I am so excited to get rolling. I got my cycling sandals, and they are great. My multitool and copy of "Bike Repair for Dummies" came yesterday. I'm almost all set.

A little over a month to the Jerabek, twoish months to the EastBay 5K for Special Olympics, 3 months to the Whistlestop and the week after, Fall 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment