Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Living Life with No Restrictions!

I am officially cleared to run.

Squeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Everything is looking good post-op, healing nicely, and causing me no trouble. Per my plastic surgeon, I can do whatever I want to do exercise-wise. He advised me to take it slow with the running to start (duh...I'll be pretty slow after 5 weeks off). I asked about resistance training and was given the go ahead to begin whenever I felt ready.

I told my doctor about how much I hated being sedentary...the aches and pains and general badness I felt. I never thought I'd miss exercise so much, but it really made me feel healthy and alive. I've felt like an old woman these last 5 weeks (an old woman with bodacious boobs, but an old woman nonetheless). I put on my spankin' new Mizunos yesterday to walk at the Y and I almost teared up a little...they were so comfy and just felt like an old friend.

Is it weird to be so excited about exercise? I just don't know what to do first! My new cycling shoes arrived yesterday, and there should be a huge pile of awesome gear showing up this week. My trusty bicycle will be done at the shop soon! I'm taking myself for a run tomorrow for certain, and just need to decide when I want to start my cycle of P90X. I think I'll start with a nice mid-morning 2 miler...just a little jaunt around the neighborhood to test the waters. If I'm a lucky girl, I won't have lost ALL my fitness.

We started a little interdepartmental weight loss challenge at work this week. My goal is to drop 13lbs over the course of the 4 month competition. I will admit to a slight cheat. I puffed myself up a little by eating lunch and pounding 1.5L of water immediately before weighing in. I did not wear my hospital clogs, however. I thought that would be a little too much cheating :)

I'm pretty sure that being able to exercise again will cause me to drop weight like a bad habit. I've been able to keep from gaining being almost totally sedentary, so going back to healthier eating habits (less stringent calorie restriction) and amping up my workouts should do me good. I can't wait to feel normal again! I'm going to have a six pack by the winter, bitches.

We had Lily's 4th birthday party on the 4th, and it was a blast. The kids had a great time and the weather was perfect. We now own a sandbox and swingset, so with the addition of the fence we're all set. I made a kick-ass cake (I'll try to post a picture) and Lily got a ton of fun stuff, including a Lite Brite. It's far less of a fire hazard than I remember. Everytime she talks about it she says "Lite Brite" in this hilarious high pitched sing-song way. As in: "I'm going to go play with my Liiiiite Briiiiite". I wish I could impart just how awesome it is. She also got a mom and toddler doll set for her doll house. She refers to them as "Mommy and Sweetie". Surprisingly, Lily shared her birthday balloons with her brothers, and let me tell you, there is no joy as pure as a pair of 15 month old boys holding Mylar balloons. I barely got cake, as I had two small vultures circling the whole time. Pat decided that he was going to take matters into his own pudgy hands by walking over to Lily and snatching her cake (well, the top layer) and smashing it into his face. She, of course, went apeshit. It was hysterical.

Did you know that Strawberry Shortcake now has a trendy haircut and multi-culti friends? Neither did I, but she's sporting "the Rachel" these days. She still looked cute as a cake topper!

No comments:

Post a Comment