Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Blogging 2015: 419 down, 1596 to go

What a beautiful day it was today. Fantastic husband got up at 0530 to go to CF for his 5th class, and shortly thereafter two little boys bounced in and started making noise. I screeched at them to getoutgetoutGETOUT! and bought myself another 30 minutes of silence.

The kids got the full-on breakfast this morning with cheesy eggs, bacon, toast, fruit, and juice. They all did a pretty good job of powering it down without whining (except for C, who prefers his eggs without cheese like a communist). Fantastic husband even made it home before the girl child needed to leave for school. Overall this morning was a win.

After the kids were off to school I made myself some breakfast and a cup of coffee. I skipped the spinach today in favor of orange peppers. I love mushrooms with eggs, shit I love mushrooms with everything. Cooked down in bacon fat? Fucking nirvana. If you don't like mushrooms, I don't care. More for me.

This mango was fucking delightful.

I went to the box this morning to do the first Lurong WOD for the Summertime Challenge. It was only a 5 minute AMRAP and after the last few WODs I've done it felt kind of easy. We also did max effort thrusters for 3 minutes and that sucked pretty hard core, but at least I didn't have to do the programmed WOD-it looked like fucking murder. I did my GHDs like a good child, had a banana, and went home.

Mmmm. Nana.

Since class ended a little ahead of time (thanks, Justin!) I was home before 10:30 and since it was such a beautiful day we decided to take the dogger out for a nice walk before lunch. We did about 2 miles and used a little gravel trail that runs on one side of the neighborhood in order to avoid the garbage/recycling trucks.
Lunch was more mushrooms (gawd, I love mushrooms!) on a burger and the remainder of the pepper I sent with the girl child for lunch.
Tasty, but they ain't fries.

After lunch we headed down to Jenstar for lunchtime flow. Pretty much every muscle in my pelvic saddle has been screaming for the last few days and this was the perfect 45 minute stretch. I was so relaxed after that I managed a 4 hour nap-good news for my shift tonight. I'm far less likely to be desperately tired at 3am.

So slept the sleep of the dead and fantastic husband took the smalls to CF kids. Apparently there was a tug of war involving all the kids and teens against the 4 adult men that were present. The kids won, and the boys were excited about it. When I woke up it was suppertime, which is truly excellent timing.
Lemon rosemary pork loin and roasted broccoli.

Now I'm chillin' in the living room, watching Wheel of Fortune (I'm watching it ironically), and considering a nice cup of chocolate flavored coffee to finish the night. I should also probably pull a lunch together so I don't starve overnight.

Tomorrow I'll pretty much just be sleeping and walking the dog. I was supposed to start a belly dancing class, but working husband plus no sitter = no class. Hope I can catch up next week.

Going to work a night early is a bit of a drag, but it means I have 8 days off next rotation and that does not suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment