Thursday, May 26, 2011

And I Ra-a-an, I Ran So Far A-wa-a-ay...

So yeah. I am a runner. Of sorts. Here is a nifty survey I stole off Kim's blog!

What is your favorite type of cross training?
Wait. What? Cross training? Does golf count? Sometimes I do P90X...

What is your favorite running song?
Hmmm...."Let Go" by Frou Frou. I listened to it on one of my first runs, and it still transports me. "Closer to Fine" by Indigo Girls. "Two Step" Dave Matthews (the Red Rocks version). I also listen to Eminem. A lot. I'm a little ashamed of that...but so many of his songs just fit. Plus, did you know he's a runner? Yep. It's true.

What brand of shoe do you wear?
Mizuno. Specifically the Wave Alchemy. Love them. I recently bought a pair of Brooks (because they were an awesome, awesome color) and while they were a nice tryst, I doubt I'll be leaving my long time love.

Do you wear a hat when you run?
A fleece hat in the winter, but that's it. I hate ball caps. They make me look like a dude. I will wear a visor when my hair is long, but that's it. I'm a bandana girl.

What temperature is your favorite for running?
35 degrees and sunny. For real. Anything over 60 sucks ass.

Do you have any big races coming up?
Next half is the Whistlestop in October, then the Fall 50 relay.

Are you a morning, noon, or evening runner?
Morning. The earlier the better. I'm actually peeved when the days shorten because my runs have to be later. If I'm not done running by 10am, I'm unhappy. I never run outside in the dark. Ever. Pre-dawn glow is okay, but not the dark. I am far too paranoid. I'm pretty sure muggers and rapists aren't awake at 5am.

Do you run solo, or with a buddy?
Solo, please. It's my only alone time, really. I will occaisionally run with a friend, and there's one in particular that I race with (well "race" is a loose term, it's more like "chat idly while moving feet"), but it's not my usual.

What is your favorite post-run snack?
I can't eat right after I run, though I do like chocolate milk.

What is your favorite distance?
The half marathon. 5Ks are fine, but for some reason I really dislike 10Ks. They bother me. A half feels like an accomplishment, but it doesn't eat up your whole day.

What is your least favorite race?
The Bellin Run (Huh. A 10K. Go figure). It's just too damn big. 40,000 runners or somesuch. By the time my wave starts, the elites are finishing. That and there are too many walkers that don't observe race ettiquette...also most of the course is boring as hell.

Who is your running idol?
Ummm....I dunno.

How long have you been running?
About 4 years. Long enough to know some stuff. Not long enough to be fast.

Do you run with your wedding ring on?
Nope. No jewelry. Especially rings, as my fingers swell when I run.

What is your favorite workout?
The long, slow run. Turn off the brain, turn on the tunes, and just go on vacation in my head.

Do you use a Garmin or other tracking device?
I have a Garmin 405 that I adore (though it locked up on me before the Cellcom. Dirty bastard thing.). I used to use Nike+ until I realized that it lies through it's virtual teeth about your pace and distance. I don't like being lied to. Not even by disembodied Lance Armstrong.

So that's my running in a nutshell. Totally awesome, right?

On a completely, totally, outrageously unrelated note, I dreamed last night that I'd had my surgery. And my new boobs were beautiful. And they were on my husband.

I have a feeling they're only going to get weirder over the next 4 days.

2 comments:

  1. I love this survey! I am not a total fan of hats for the same reason.

    And that dream is HILARIOUS!!!

    (yay I can comment again!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny dream. Let me know if I need to send you some ice cream to speed your recovery... THREE DAYS!

    So... when are you going to open up your blog to your fav BBC mamas? :)

    ReplyDelete