Saturday, September 20, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Lurong Day 6

Last night was a pretty good one, but boy was I sleepy at the end of it.  I barely made it home (singing along to the radio at top volume with the window down) and had to sleep for a bit before going to the box.  I got almost exactly an hour, then went to get my WODs in.  Only finished WOD 1, then helped videotape a friend's WOD and realized I was too tired to do the second one.  Still have a bit of time to do it, and Monday or Tuesday is looking good.  I'll make a bigger effort to get to the box to do WOD 3 before leaving for the Adirondacks on Thursday.  So here's what a day that begins at midnight looks like when you throw in a workout.

Started with leftover eggplant lasagna.

This is really quite good.  I'll use more eggplant next time.

My 3am snack was some peaches and raspberries from Costco.  These peaches are just perfect.  I can't remember the last time I had one so nice.  Not at all pithy, and not so juicy that you end up a total mess. Look at this container full of summer.  Just look at it.

Better than dessert.

I had some tea and cashews and dates later in the morning.  I did put some honey in my tea, but I'm finding I need very little to get the desired effect.

Mmmm.  Candy.

I woke up slightly later than planned to go to the box, so I just mashed a Larabar into my face on the way.  Nothing like working out at what amounts to 3am.  When I got home I was ravenous, so went for my pre-made option (with a runny egg).  Have I mentioned I love my electric egg cooker?  And the person that sent it to me?  Who is clearly some kind of saint?

Omnomnomnomnom.

Then I went to sleep.  For about 6 hours.  I wasn't going to eat "dinner", but I was so hungry that I thought it unwise to wait until midnight to eat again.  Husband made Moroccan meatballs.

With cauli rice.

This is a perennial favorite.  Lurong is bringing out a lot of old favorites.  We got lazy over the summer with menu planning, and found ourselves eating a lot of the same things over and over...and having that daily "Shit, what's for dinner" panic that lead to the menu board in the first place.  This has been great, because we always have wonderful leftovers, we waste very little produce, and we get something delicious and healthy for dinner every night.  

I got my measurements done today, and I have my goals.  Getting my waist below 30 and my hips below 40 are tops on the list.  I'm already down 4lbs, so that's a great start towards my 20lb goal.  I've been tempted to cheat a few times since starting, but so far have stayed the course and resisted (stupid cheats...PopTarts or muffins that are laying around...not anything really good or special).  I hope I can keep that up for the next 7 weeks!  My motivation is high right now, and that's a good place to be.

So upcoming this week are Lurong 2 and 3, an Outlander marathon with a friend, packing for my trip, and jetting off to upstate NY.

Speaking of Outlander.  If you don't have Starz I feel bad for you, because Sam Heughan is crazy hot, and Catriona Balfe used to be a Victoria's Secret model, and this week they had kilted 1700s Highland sex all over the place.  




I mean really.  This isn't even the best view.  The quads on this guy could crack walnuts.  

Off to the salt mine for night #3 of 6!



No comments:

Post a Comment