Monday, September 22, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Lurong Day 8

Woot, I accomplished everything I needed to today.  That's a good feeling.  I made it through the night without having anyone code (Win!), I got 3 solid hours of sleep (Yay!), made it to the box for Lurong 2 (Woo!), and did a shitload of laundry, squared away the spawn, and walked the dog.

I feel accomplished.  And tired.  Also pretty tired.  Tonight will be long, but oh well.  I'll live.

Tomorrow night is binge watching Outlander with a friend, then getting in my final shift before Ragnar.  I'm pretty stoked about going to New York, even if this will be done in an Ultrish fashion (we only have 9 runners for various reasons).  It's gonna be fun, I can feel it.

I had spaghetti squash and sauce for my midnight meal.
Not as pretty after being nuked.  Still tasted pretty great.

More peaches and raspberries at 3am.  So. Yum.


There were danish in the breakroom, but I managed to avoid that land mine and not feel deprived at all.  There were also grapes, and I did indulge in a few of those.

After my longish nap this morning, I pounded down the last of the apple carrot sausage hash before heading off to the box for the Lurong WOD.  It sat pretty well, fortunately.  Don't wanna be burping up sausage while doing burpees.  I did not photograph it.  It was gone too fast.

No lunch today as I'd already consumed what amounted to three meals.  Wasn't hungry at all, so I have no problem skipping the meal.

I opted to clear out some leftovers for dinner and went with Cottage Pie.  I can't believe there was any left.  I feel this must be due to all the food we made this week!




I had a couple of prunes for dessert when we got back from our dog walk, and they really hit the spot.  It sounds stupid to say I like prunes (because old people food, y'know) but they really are quite tasty.  

Oh!  Another awesome thing happened today!  We ran the Half Boring Half Marathon last week, and the race directors sent out an email to participants asking for feedback.  I told them the truth, that we really loved the event, but were a teeny bit disappointed that they didn't have track team shirts for sale since it was a fundraiser for the team (and I have a deep love for random t-shirts).  Guess what I got in the mail today?  A Damascus-Orient Track t-shirt!  How cool is that?  I was so surprised and thought that was the neatest thing.  All the way from Oregon, a total stranger (and race director!!) took the time to find and send me a shirt.  The only way it would've been better is if there had been yarn in the package and that is patently ridiculous.  

Two more shifts and I'm off for 8 days, which is pretty great.  After my next 7 on rotation I'm off for THREE WHOLE WEEKS!  I hope I remember how to pharmacist after all that time.

I stole this image from professionalfangirls.com.  I kind of love it.

Outlander Jamie

This one, too.

Outlander wedding package
Helloooooo nurse.

I have a problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment