Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Blogging 2015: 205.5 down, 1809.5 to go

Back in the swing of things today.  I didn't make it to the box, which was my own stupid fault as I lazed around in bed until 6am.  I just got so used to sleeping in until 7am last's hard to shake. Also hard to shake is indiscriminate eating.  I put on weight while we were gone, not sure exactly how much, but I'm feeling heavy and sluggish.  Starting over at zero sucks. Ah well.  I've got months before I have to retire my sweatpants.  Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more!

Got up and did some laundry after breakfast.


I did kid laundry and my own laundry this morning. I can't begin to describe how sad it was to see all my vacation clothes hanging in the laundry room, knowing they won't see the light of day for another couple of years.  Turns out I own a shitload of strapless dresses.  What can I say?  I have nice shoulders and a big ass tattoo that I like to show off.  

I had a bowl of unsweetened applesauce with a sprinkle of cinnamon.  I love applesauce.  

Snackin' like a toddler.

I made myself a chocolate cherry almond milk smoothie and split it into 2 portions.  I drank half of it on the way to yoga and saved the rest for later.  I didn't take a picture.  It was in a jar...does that help?  Yoga was core focused today and the instructor had several new and horrible movements to try.  She's creative, I'll give her that.

After yoga, fantastic husband and I went out for lunch and then to Costco.  We had Panda House, and yes I pretty much ate it all.  It was delicious.  I don't remember the last time I had non-homemade Chinese. There was a fuckload of celery in this.  I'm not a fan of celery.  It makes the tip of my tongue numb.  

Cashew chicken.

Got off cheap at Costco, especially since we had a huge cartload of stuff.  I really wanted a 13# box of oranges, but husband says we have to eat up the clementines in the fridge first.  Dream killer.  We did get these enormous grapes-seriously, they are the size of plums.  I'm a little weirded out, but they taste pretty good.  All the other grapes looked like they'd partially frozen in transit.  So sad.  We also bought a pineapple and as we were loading up the car with our discount bulk booty, I looked over at it sitting in the kid seat portion of the cart and was struck by the absurdity of it.  It's 10 degrees below zero and I'm loading a pineapple into my car.  Look how rich I am!  I bring the tropical fruits home in the dead of winter! 

I had the second half of my smoothie later in the afternoon.  Not because I was hungry.  Because chocolate.
I also ate, in no particular order, a Babybel cheese, a handful of raisins, and 2 ponczkas.  

So I guess it's Lent or something?  Being non-Christian I don't really keep track of the church calendar like I did when I was in Lutheran school and there were quizzes on such things.  And along with Lent goes Fat Tuesday and ponczkas.  My husband makes exactly one batch of these Polish donuts exactly once a year, on the Tuesday before Lent.  He makes his Busha's recipe. These are still hot from frying, we shake them in a bag of sugar and I'm pretty sure I saw the face of God.  But probably not.  These are so good.  They tear my guts apart and I don't care. I fucking love donuts.  Especially fresh ones.

Oh, the fried fatty goodness.

I got out of the habit of photographing my food while on vacay.  I need to start again for accountability's sake.  Dinner was Chipotle Lime pork chops and roasted asparagus.  Pretty good.  Nothing too interesting.

Charlie: I don't want any of that green stuff on my plate.
Me: Why?
Charlie: I don't like it.
Me: You don't even know what it's called, you don't get to say you don't like it.
Charlie: I don't need to know to know that I know.

After dinner fantastic husband went out for his last basketball game of the year, so I speed washed the spawn, cut down their nasty talons (how do their finger and toenails get so long and hideously dirty so fast?) and headed downstairs for a little treadmill time.  I forgot to take a selfie, but I did 5 miles and since I walked back and forth to school with the kids earlier I had 5.5 for today.  I did take a dog selfie afterwards, though, because this dog is ridiculous.  She spent a week boarding at Golrusk and went to Fun Camp every day where she ran around so much that she was skin and bones when we picked her up even though she ate her food twice a day.  We are now in the process of feeding her many fatty snacks and keeping her extra activity low so she fattens up a bit. She was sitting totally normally with me until I got the camera, then it was Cover Girl time, apparently.

I'm ready for my close up, Mr. DeMille

Tomorrow I go back on at work, which reminds me I need to enter my PTO so I get paid.  Better do that now.  I need to get paid.  I know I'll be running tomorrow, everything else is up in the air.  I hope like hell I can get a nap.  

I also hope I remember all my passwords at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment