Thursday, April 2, 2015

Blogging 2015: 305 down, 1710 to go

It's the beginning of my work week, so things could be spotty up in here. Fantastic husband took the kids to daycare early, so I slept in until almost eight o'clock. Eight o'clock. I don't know who's life I stumbled into, but it's pretty rad.

So I woke up in a leisurely way, made myself a bowl of oats and almond butter, and got ready to go to the gym.

With a little protein powder.

Now, I've noted before that oatmeal prior to a hard workout leaves me hungry and a little light headed.  I thought adding protein powder might help, but I was wrong. Pretty wrong, actually.  I didn't look at the WOD before I went today, so I didn't notice it was a 20 minute AMRAP. That's a long ass time. The skill work was handstands and L-hangs, so I was already a little lightheaded (from the upside down of it all) before we started the real fun. About 13 minutes into the workout I started getting the cold sweats which precedes the passing out.  I kept moving and drank water, and I finished...but had I eaten smarter I could've gone a lot harder. Stupid oats. Lesson learned...look at the WOD and don't eat oats before CrossFit. Afterwards I wanted to EAT ALL THE THINGS! but first I had to run an errand. Then I came home and had a big fat pile of eggs with a little cheese, also some cajun spice, avocado, and a great big fucking delightful grapefruit.  

Mmmmm....lunch.

Since I have to work tonight, I decided to take the dog out for 3 miles in an effort to get her to sleep a little this afternoon. It worked pretty well.  I kicked back in the chair, she mashed herself in next to me, and we had a nice snooze. 

Kindly ignore my big meaty leg.

I did get a couple of hours of serious sleep before getting up to food prep prior to picking up the spawn. I made Southwest Turkey Burgers and packaged them up with broccoli and sweet potato for the week. I ate one for dinner and the kids opted to clean up some leftovers. I added a little salsa and avocado (because I bought a big bag of those bitches and they are all coming ripe at once). I gave the kids some broccoli and the boys actually ate it without complaint (L always eats it)? You know why? I told them it was Coach Grant's favorite vegetable. I'm going to start using that for everything. 

This was a lot of food.
I was a lot of hungry.

So now I'm just kicked back watching Jeopardy. I love Jeopardy. I feel as though that doesn't make me old. Loving Wheel of Fortune makes a person old. I'll watch it, but I don't love it. It's a fine line, but a line nonetheless. 

I did do a bit of laundry today, likely more tomorrow. My problem is I don't like to put laundry away, and then I get pissy because I can't find my favorite clothes. I declare tomorrow "Put Your Goddamn Laundry Away" day. Maybe if I'm feeling motivated I'll go to the gym for an evening workout. We shall see, we shall see. 

Yawn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment