Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Blogging 2015: 302 down, 1713 to go

So I didn't blog yesterday.  Oops.  I didn't get home until after 10pm and that's way past my bedtime. I tried out the 12:30 WOD, and I met some new people. It was a full day. Here's a bunch of pictures of shit I ate over the last 2 days in no particular order.

Ok, so the computer actually assigned them the appropriate order.

Oats and shit.

Another fucking delightful grapefruit.

P&C giggle factory had their 5 year well child check-ups and Kindergarten immunizations (OMG they'll be in all day Kindergarten this year. I'm so excited I could squeal.  Oh fuck it. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!) The pediatrician checked them over, declared them ridiculously healthy, then got their shots, and we placated them with dessert. We are great parents. They wore the same shirt "so everyone will know that we're twins". When the ped asked them who was older, they both responded "Ummm, we are the same age because we are twins." I thought that was pretty hilarious. They remain exactly an inch apart in height. They were exactly an inch apart at birth and have been at every single appointment since then. And the ped always remarks on it. When they are 6'4" and 6'3" people will still be remarking on it.

We got done at the doc and dropped the boys off at 4K just in time, then jetted home so fantastic husband could go pick up some OT and I could mash some food into my face before heading out for CF. Can you tell I got a good deal on salmon at Costco? I've been eating it like fucking crazy.

Also a tater. No time to steam veggies.

After the WOD I put down some glutamine and protein powder.  I've been using these Advocare shakes. I don't use them as meal replacement, but I do use them in place of other protein powders when I make smoothies or as a between workout snack. It's probably the tastiest protein I've used. I've tried a bunch of different brands and they are mostly yucky. Metallic, artificial, bitter...this one is good.  I mix it with unsweetened vanilla almond milk instead of water and it hits the spot.

Sorta shake-y. Pricy, but I feel worth it.

I got home in time to walk the dogger for 3 miles before picking up the smalls from school. After school they get a snack so I had one, too.

Do you want to touch the Mango?
Fantastic husband wanted to go to rugby practice, so I pulled out a freezer meal from Sunday's workshop and made skillet jambalaya. The kids were not down. I thought it was good.

So colorful!

I had a glass of wine at a trunk show later that evening. No picture. Use your imagination. I know you lushes can picture a glass of wine.

Today I had planned to get up for the #fiveonefive but when I woke up my triceps and shoulders felt...bruised. I don't have another word for it. So I made the decision to rest today. I'll be hitting the 9:15 tomorrow. I'm back in the salt mine tomorrow night, so if I get my errands and my workout squared away in the morning I can nap in the afternoon.  I made a smoothie this morning and I forgot to add the banana. It was still good.


I went to a CE seminar on Spices as Medicine. It was fairly interesting. I wish it had been more specifically targeted to pharmacists, but it was open to all disciplines and even to the community. There were lots of interesting references on spices for inflammation of all types, and since inflammation is the source and trigger of all maladies (at least this month) it was useful in at least a cursory way. I got 6 CE credits for it, which will count for my RPh and my CNSC.  The woman behind me was an absolute idiot, so I got to listen to her gasp and say "Really?!?" quite a bit.  She also indicated to the woman sitting next to her that she would like to pet a lion's mane. I think the zoo should let her. Survival of the fittest and shit.


Got done a little early so I was able to go with fantastic husband to drop off the spawn at CrossFit Kids. While they played, we went for a 2ish mile walk. It was a nice day, so we made the most of it and got a little alone time and some fresh air.  

Pre-walk snack.

We still have a fair amount of leftovers in the fridge so we cleaned those up.  I had salmon (go figure) and asparagus.  You'll see this one more time as I made 5 pieces and husband doesn't eat fish. 

It's so good, though.

People often ask of fish dishes "does it taste fishy?".  I have no idea how to respond to this. It's It tastes like fish...does that make it fishy? I mean it's not going to taste like steak or elk or marshmallows or something. 

I was in the mood for something sweet so finished with some grapes.


Tonight it's spawn washing, then tax filing. I can't believe we waited so long this year. Usually we do this shit in January.  Oh well, better late than never.  Hopefully we'll get some decent money back. Maybe I can sweet talk fantastic husband into letting me put some of it on my student loans.  

I need to do laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment