Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 83

Day Two of my solo week has concluded (sort of).  I'm starting to wonder about the rest of the week.  Too many things pending.  Makes me itchy.  I'm trying to make sure everything is complete and tied up in a nice bow when I leave-I don't like to feel like I left things undone.

I set my alarm for the gym this morning, but I woke up with the same headache I went to bed with, and it was pretty shitty.  So I swallowed a handful of ibuprofen, reset the alarm and went back to sleep for a couple of hours.  When I woke up, it was gone.  Guess I needed the rest.  But I can go for the next 4 days, so no harm done.

On to the menu!
I had another lazy food day.  We don't have much in the way of groceries right now, so I used up what we had laying around for breakfast, hit Festival for lunch, and had pizza for dinner.  Okay the pizza was a little involved, but other than that it was lazy town.

I made a green smoothie for breakfast from a post a friend shared on Facebook.  Bananas, kale, cashews, etc.  The recipe says it serves two, but I thought "Eh, I eat as much as two people."  So I made it, and it was good, but I couldn't finish it.
Doesn't taste green at all.

I was fairly busy all morning, and I didn't get hungry (that I noticed) until after noon.  I was going to go for a bowl of chili, but I really wanted sushi, so that's what I had.
Yup.  With rice.

I'm trying to be a little more forgiving of myself this week for less-than-perfect eating.  I'm under stress and I have a strong tendency to eat my feelings.  So far I've avoided eating junk food, and I figure indulging a sushi craving will keep me from eating something far less useful.  

I also had some clementines.  

Last night I made paleo "cheese" for pizza tonight.  It's a little involved, but not difficult.  I used a jarred organic pizza sauce and topped it with turkey pepperoni along with my "cheese".  The cheese melts, but doesn't do that string thing that real cheese does.  I have to say this was pretty good.  It's not exactly like real pizza, but from a flavor perspective it's dead on and the texture is close.  I got two good sized pizzas out of the recipe with cheese left over for one more round.  

As close as I get to pizza, beer, and a cookie these days.


My big plan for tonight is watching a DVR episode of The Red Road (I started watching it because that ridiculously hot guy from GoT-the one who plays Khal Drogo-is in it) which is actually a pretty interesting show.  Then who knows..reading a book, knitting a sock, going to bed at 8pm?  It could get pretty wild in here.  

Wow, seriously.  Jason Momoa is reeeaaaaallly. hot.




No comments:

Post a Comment