Thursday, January 29, 2015

Blogging 2015: 145 down, 1870 to go

That's right.  I did 10 miles today.

Last night was pretty typical, nothing too strenuous, and around 6am I started my usual end of the work week energy dump bouncebouncebounce Is the cafeteria open yet? bouncebouncebounce I know! Imma make some fresh coffee!! bouncebouncebounce Everything is hilarious!! IS IT TIME TO GO HOME YET?!?!? bouncebouncebouncebouncebounce

Since I generally stay awake most of the day on my transition day, I have breakfast at work including some coffee.  I usually avoid coffee after about 3am so it won't interfere with falling asleep at 8am.  I'm not especially sensitive to caffeine. In my younger days I would wash Sudafed down with Mountain Dew and fall asleep like a champ.  I can still do that to a degree, but why chance it? Sleep is far to precious a commodity.

I drank a boatload of water overnight, and this morning I was feeling a little bowl of oatmeal with cranberries.  It was delicious.  I only drank about half the juice.  Ordinarily I don't waste calories on orange juice, but this bottle has been sitting in the fridge for a month so I figured I better drink it.  At least it's not from concentrate-though I know they add homogenizing agents to the batches of juice.

I love oats.

After work I headed home and hopped on the treadmill for 4 quick miles before my doctor's appointment.  My appointment was with the Gyn to discuss my options for taming the wild uterus, so I wanted to make sure I took a shower right before going in.  Ladies, you know what I mean.  I love my OB/Gyn.  He's terrific.  He didn't actually deliver any of my kids as he was conveniently on vacation both times. This lead me at one point to tell him that he was dead to me, but he is a truly excellent physician and I've recommended him to everyone who'll listen since 2002.  I haven't been seen in a while, and there's been a software conversion since the last time, so I got to redo my entire medical file with the LPN who has the same name and bears an uncanny resemblance to my MIL up to and including the fact that both women have lost a substantial amount of weight in the last few years.  Imagine discussing your medical and sexual history with your MIL.  Creeeeeepy. Another slightly unsettling thing is that my doc lives in my neighborhood, so I see him when I'm out running or walking the dog.  He always smiles and waves or comes out to talk to me about training.  For a while all I could think was "This dude has seen my ladygarden" whenever we met outside a medical setting.  I'm over that now.  Having twins means that about 20 people see you all laid out under a spotlight in an OR while you fire babies out of your vagina like a bloody semi-auto (one in the clip, one in the chamber!).  After that I could give a shit.  Wanna see my mommy parts?  Get an eyeful.  They've taken a beating. Don't say I didn't warn you.

The upside of having my ladyparts prodded is that we developed a plan to control things while I'm on vacation and until I can get in to have a Mirena IUD placed.  Yes, I'm already sterile.  But the hormones in the IUD may help me achieve amenorrhea, which has been my goal since fucking menarche.  I basically told him that I was trying to avoid learning to surf with a supermax tampon and an overnight pad on under my swimsuit.  I then said "You know what I mean? Wait, no. You have no idea what I mean. Try to empathize, okay?' 

So I'm going back on the pill briefly to get shit under control and in a month or two it'll be IUD time.  I'm just going to keep cramming metal and plastic shit into my reproductive organs until they give up.

After the doctor I came home and took the dog for a little walk.  It was supposed to be sleeting and shit, but it was just windy so we went for a 2ish mile loop.  Then I got back on the treader and pounded out another 4 miles.  It was an attempt to get my blood flowing a little so I wouldn't fall asleep and forget to pick up the kids after school.  It worked for that purpose, but I am fucking toast right now.

Lunch was something I used to make all the time in college.  Saltines with melted cheese, complete with paper plate.  I fucking love this.  LOVE IT.  It is utterly worthless from a nutrition standpoint, but so extremely very very tasty.  Filled me right up.

Nachos for the lazy.

I didn't eat dinner because I was still full from my "lunch"  I feel a little hungry now, so there might be an apple and some sunbutter in my future.  Maybe not.  I'm having a hard time staying awake right now and the kitchen is like 20 steps away.  The struggle is real, people.  

Tonight was my first go at making Mac 'n Cheese with the Wildtree powdered cheese.  It turned out great and the kids snarfed it down along with some garlic bread and apples.  I should've sliced an apple for myself then.  Why don't I think of these things?

I did manage to wash the spawn (who needed it- sweet baby dolphins those little bastards were smelly) right after dinner before all my ambition flew away.  

This morning I attempted to get my calendar together for the next month.  I actually scheduled my WOD times, yoga classes, and run opportunities so that I wouldn't find excuses not to go and do it.  Consistency.  I will achieve it.  I've already logged more miles this month than in any month ever.  Some of them are walking miles, but they are all above and beyond my usual activity level-I'm not counting steps.  I just might pull off this 2015 miles.  Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Ok.  Dog out.  60 minutes until I sleep.  I can do this.  I can.  Icanasdkka;d fdaj;k  djkflaaaa;;;;;;;;;;;



No comments:

Post a Comment