Sunday, January 18, 2015

Blogging 2015: 89 down, 1926 to go

D'oh.  I should've gone for one more mile.

Some time during the night I got a bed buddy.  Fantastic husband was working, and about 50% of the time when he's on shift one of the boys decides to sleep in my bed.  He was sneaky, bringing two stuffed animals and his blanket over the course of the night.  I became aware of him around 4am when he started snoring.  It was kind of precious.  I let him be.

At around 6:30 the other boy-child bounced in and the usual morning litany began.  Once everyone was settled with their french toast and pears, I made myself a bowl of oatmeal with diced apples and maple pecans.

This was delightful.

I was pretty locked up from the last few days, so I decided to head over to the box for cold broga.  I got an hour of good stretching and then headed home so fantastic husband could go out for his run. No selfie.  I know you're disappointed.

I ate an orange.  You know what that looks like.

After fantastic husband finished up his run, I went out for mine.  No treader today because it was damn near 40 degrees!  No gloves even!  My legs were like fucking lead, though.  After the last few days I was spent. Took just shy of an hour to cover 5 miles.

That no parking sign is PROMINENT. 

After this run I pretty much dove into the shower...because I hadn't showered in almost 48 hours.  And I worked out 1...2...3...4...5 times in that time frame including today's run.  That's so gross, y'all.  I mean, I washed my face and put on clean clothes and deodorant, but still.  Gross.

Lunch was a couple of brats and a margarita, because SOMEONE drank ALL THE BEER.  And no, Judgy McJudgerson, it wasn't me.  I haven't had a beer in months.  I probably could've had some veg, but I just didn't care enough at that point.


So yeah.  The Packers played today.  They lost, which was really fucking sad.  Can't say it wasn't an exciting game, though, considering I've suddenly developed a heart arrhythmia and the intense desire to resume smoking.

I did make a lot of progress on my sock, though, so there's that.  At one point during the game I consumed some cheese in solidarity.  SOLIDARITY, MOTHERFUCKER!

French cheese counts, right?

After that heartbreaking loss, we had Czech meatballs.  It helped a little.  

Just a little.

Tomorrow the smalls will go to daycare since there's no school, and fantastic husband and I will get to spend a little time together.  I plan to go to yoga for some core work, then a nice recovery walk.  I really felt like my legs were made of rock on today's run.  It was a gorgeous day and I'm glad I went, but it's definitely time for a day or two of easy miles.

And now to watch Pats and the Colts.  It'd be cool if the Colts won, but that's looking unlikely.  Stupid Patriots.  

Back to the socks, then early to bed.  Another week begins!

1 comment: