Monday, January 13, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 19

Wow.  I feel like crap.  This has been going on for 3 weeks.  I haven't had a single day when I felt well in 3 weeks.  That's something for me, because I generally feel well all the damn time.  That's super whiny, I know.  People everywhere live with shit every day.  Diabetes, cancer, arthritis...I don't know...narcolepsy? But I don't.  I am the fucking picture of health all the damn time and being sick for 3 weeks in a row makes me angry.  Sinus pain, draining, ear pain, swollen glands, body aches, fatigue and a sore throat that feels like there's an angry badger in there trying to get out.  For three goddamn weeks.

So today I bought the bullet and went in.  Know when the last time I went to the doctor was? January 2011 for the same thing I currently have.  I couldn't get a cough suppressant then, either.  I always get treated like a seeker at the doctor's office.  Pretty much every doctor, except my OB/GYN.  Probably because he offered me narcs after I gave birth and I was all "Nah, Ibuprofen is cool".  I can't understand why this is.  I have taken exactly 20 Vicodin in my entire 36 years (after my "mommy make-over") and other than that I have had codeine cough syrup exactly once.  I know.  I'm a total druggie.  I've also never used illegal drugs of any type, and my alcohol consumption is close to nil on average.  And yet no one will write me a script for some goddamn prometh with codeine so I can sleep.  Perhaps it's because I know what to ask for?  Whatever it is, it's annoying.

So is having to wear a mask in the waiting room while you wait
for a rapid strep and a mono spot.  

Seriously, I might as well have been wearing a sign that said "UNCLEAN"  PS, how incredibly lame would it be to have mono at age 36?  Both tests were negative.  The nurse took my BP and pulse while I had a thermometer in my mouth.  She frowned, looked up at me and said "You're heart rate is 52.  Nod if you're a runner." So there's that.  

I had breakfast this morning.

Banana pancakes and bacon, because I'm all about comfort food today.

Then I went to the doctor and then back to work and proceeded to eat not a damn thing at all until dinner.  I had two glasses of water.  I brewed a cup of tea and forgot it in my car, but I felt too ill to go back outside to get it.  I am the proud owner of a bottle of amoxicillin that hopefully will return me to normal before I have to get on a plane on Friday.

I didn't know what the fuck to do for dinner.  I really wanted pizza really, really badly.  This was my compromise.
A tiny pepperoni meatza.  

Charlie picked out a bag of fudge stripe cookies as a treat at the pharmacy last night.  Holy shit did I want to dig into those things.  Just dive head first into that bag and eat myself into a coma.  Fortunately for me, one of the lovely ladies of my CrossFit box posted a recipe for these little gems on Facebook and I was saved.
Sweet baby dolphins, are these delicious.  Not at all sugar free,as the
recipe calls for maple syrup, but all whole food ingredients.

And that's it.  I'm ready for bed and hopefully a healthier tomorrow.  




No comments:

Post a Comment