Sunday, January 26, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 32

Today was odd.  Not bad, just a busier on call than is the usual lately.  The boys crawled into bed with me this morning and (get this) actually slept.  Granted, they were sort of sleeping on top of me, but the were sleeping.  In the early morning.  Weird.  It was so pleasant that we stayed in bed until almost 7:30am.  I didn't know it was possible to sleep that late!  Aside from answering six pages and delivering some formula to the hospital I didn't do a whole lot.  Except 4 loads of laundry.  And grocery shopping.  Maybe I did more than I thought.

I didn't work out, though.  I should have.  I still could.  But I'm not going to.

On to the menu!

The banana chia pudding is better with the Thai Kitchen coconut milk.  Creamier and slightly sweeter.  Just look how fucking gorgeous this is.  Love this recipe.

I don't even like walnuts, but sweet baby dolphins they are magical on this pudding.

I didn't snack this morning, I delivered the formula and took a couple of my clean eating cookbooks to a friend (I used them a lot before I went paleo-they are clean books, but include grain and dairy), then shot the breeze with a former co-worker for a bit.  Then I went to the grocery store and got four pages.  It's really hard to get  info while you're standing by the organic lettuce.  Because even though you deliberately tried to get out of the way, some bitch is going to give you the evil eye.  So I went home, unloaded the food, snarfed some lunch and went back to work.  I'm not sure why I dish one piece of this stuff.  I always end up eating two.  It's inefficient to go back for seconds. Don't judge me.

So tasty.

I munched on some goji squares at the office while I got all my stuff together.  Didn't take a picture, but you get the general idea.  I also popped a couple of prunes when I got home.  Dinner was steak and asparagus on the grill courtesy of my husband.  Because -5 and blowing snow is grill weather, unless you're some kind of pansy.  And we ain't no damn pansies.


Meat and veg.  Basic, yet beautiful.

After dinner I was uncomfortably full.  I folded eight million baskets of laundry, the boys got haircuts, all the smalls got washed, and now they're upstairs fucking around as usual.  I'm kind of digging the Pro Bowl concept this year.  Less lame than years past, anyway.

Tomorrow, a change is coming.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment