Monday, January 27, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 33

Today I made a big change.  It's one I've made before...a lot, truthfully.  I've had long hair on and off my whole life.  When I very young, my mom kept my hair boy short for her own ease.  I have really fine, thin hair that is made of broken ends and flyaways and she didn't want to deal with it.  Not that I blame her.  As soon as I was allowed, I grew it out.  And permed it.  Yikes.  I wore long permed hair until I was a senior in high school when I cut it "short" as in it just brushed my shoulders.  The response was overwhelmingly negative.  So I let it grow out again, and it got very, very long.  I went to college in Iowa, one of the coldest windiest places on earth and since I am by nature a bit of a lazy whore I never dried it.  So it froze.  Daily.  For a year.  Until I finally went to a GreatClips and said "Take it OFF!!".  Thus began my love affair with drastic haircuts and colors.  My hair has been to the scalp short, waist length and everything in between.  It has been black, purple, DOT orange, dark red with blond streaks, brown, white blonde, and combinations of all of these.  Lately I'd been growing my hair out.  I don't know why, exactly.  I hate styling my hair, and I hate drying it, and I'm a total idiot when it comes to product.  Here's how I looked this morning.
I wore make-up today.  And jewelry.  Who am I?

This is an unusually nice picture of me.  Yay for selfies that don't suck.  My hair actually looks fairly decent in this picture, but it was seriously boring me to death.  So I had it cut off.  Here's what I look like now.
Oh.  There I am.  Lookin' jowly.

It's a little fucked up from the wind and wearing a hat, but you get the idea.  It's brown in the back and fading to blonde up front.  Some of the highlights are a little brassy (a remnant of the red shade my hair was in August), but they'll fade with time.  I'm not exactly Jennifer Lawrence, but who is?

On to the menu! My loving husband made breakfast, including homemade sausage patties.  Tasty, but we are totally getting the leaf lard from our next pig.  Breakfast sausage needs to be nice and fatty.

I love pig in all forms.

For lunch I had leftover pizza casserole.  Only one serving, which was stupid of me.  You don't need to see it again, do you?  Good, because I forgot to take a picture.  I also ate a Blueberry Muffin Larabar.

Dinner was beef roast.  A good beef roast is hard to describe.  It falls apart.  I'm not a fan of gristle on steaks and will often cut away fat (it's a texture thing, I could give a shit about the calories), but on roasts I eat it.  It melts in your mouth.  I love it when you can cut a piece of beef with a fork.  And when it's done to about a medium rare to medium level?  It tastes the way happiness feels.  Just warm and glowy.  Which is why there are never any goddamn leftovers.

Oh yeah, and there were also peas.  Technically legumes, but I won't tell if you don't.

I was in the mood for a treat, and I didn't eat much today, so I made pudding.  Avocado, banana, coconut milk and cocoa powder combined into a bowl of awesome.

Yes I ate both servings.  I can feel you judging me from here.

So that's it!  I hacked off my hair.  I've done it before. I'll do it again.  How do you get rid of split ends, you ask?  Cut all your fucking hair off and start over.  It works every time.  



No comments:

Post a Comment