Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 34

Once again school was closed today.  At this rate they'll be in school until July.  Honestly, I didn't think it was that bad this morning.  It wasn't warm, but it wasn't that freaky "THE AIR IS KNIVES!!!" cold we had two weeks ago.  I'm sort of done with winter at this point, and I like winter.  I can't imagine how all you hot weather whores are faring.  I just want to go out for a run...is that really so much to ask?  I'd like the air to not be knives anymore this year. I'm a simple gal.

On to the menu!
The kids all went to day care today since school was closed, which means that's where they eat their breakfast.  It feels mean for me to sit down and have a meal when they aren't eating until later.  That and the little vultures just whine and circle and I wouldn't be able to enjoy it anyway.  I made a sunbutter and half-a-banana sandwich with waffles.  Good stuff.  I have yet to make an egg sandwich with these puppies, but I bet it would work just fine.

Sweet and savory.

I took along the remainder of my first jar of banana chia pudding for a morning snack.  This is the remainder of the breakfast banana with a sprinkle of walnuts.  This is such great stuff.  It's just very slightly sweet (bananas, you know) with a creamy texture.  The little bit of cinnamon in this recipe is just right.  Feels like it's naughty, but it's really a nice filling snack.

The earth hearts Ball jars.

For lunch I brought two helpings of spaghetti squash pizza casserole.  And then I mashed it into my face without taking a picture until I was pretty much done with it.  

mmmphrhhfm, mrrusphr mphrphrn

It was leftover night and the kids had pork chops by request.  I wasn't feeling the chops tonight, so I opted for leftover beef roast and sprouts.  It's so cold in the garage that my seltzer water froze into a slushy.

Say it with me: MEAT AND VEG!

After dinner I was craving a sweet treat, so I rummaged around in the cupboard for some prunes.  

A clean colon is a happy colon.

Oh, there was also summer sausage at work.  I love summer sausage.  Venison sausage is better, but I'm not a sausage snob. I love all sausage.  I'm a sausage girl.  

That's what she said.

One of my co-workers brought in some snacks today.  She's gluten free, so it wasn't like donuts and cookies or anything, but it was chips and jalapeno cheese dip.  It smelled pretty good.  I wasn't even tempted.  Our house isn't 100% paleo, so there's various kid food and random snacks around.  I guess technically I'm resisting temptation with that stuff all the time, but I really don't notice it anymore. It's just there.  Same thing happened today.  The food was there, less than 3 feet from my station, but I didn't think about it at all.  Except for the sausage.  Mmmm...sausage.  It's kind of a liberating feeling.  I've been in this place before, where I'm less "OH MAH GAH I CAN'T EAT THAT I WANT TO EAT THAT BUT I CAN'T EAT THAT!!" and more "No thanks, I don't eat that."  The goal is to hang out here for a while.  Historically I sabotage myself with something stupid right when I start seeing results.  I am an amazing self-saboteur.  I know exactly what I like.  The key is to avoid processed sweets.  Once I get a taste of sandwich cookies or buttercream frosting I'm right back "in the life" because that shit is H-E-R-O-I-N for me.

There should be a 12 step program for sugar addicts.  That shit is destructive.  I shudder to think of all the amends I'd have to make to various candy bowls across the USA.  

Also sausage.



No comments:

Post a Comment