Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 20

Lallalalalalalalalaaaaa I woke up without a sore throat for the first time in three weeks!!  I slept!  When I blow my nose, it helps!  When I cough, my lungs are clearing!!  Amoxicillin is magic.  What the fuck did people do before the discovery of penicillin?  I'll tell you what they did.  They fucking died of a condition called "morbid sore throat".  That's real.

I feel so much better today.  I wouldn't say I'm 100%, but I'm not far off it.  I'm resting tonight and back at it tomorrow.  A while back I downloaded an app called "WODgenius" it takes an inventory of the equipment you have (if any) and generates a CF style workout you can do anywhere.  We're beginning a "no bullshit" club at my box which boils down to a 90 day Paleo challenge and part of it includes a 5 days a week CF style workout.  I can't get to the box 5 days a week and still meet the rest of the requirements of my life, but if I can generate a home WOD I can hit the 5/week no problem.  It also keeps things varied so I don't do the same stupid AMRAP over and over.  This also means that while I'm on the road for my conference I can workout in my hotel room.  I'm planning on running in Savannah (I'm looking forward to it) but no reason I can't do a little morning WOD to get going.

On to the menu!

For breakfast I learned that you can't poach eggs and make pancakes for the kids at the same time.

Chorizo stew with a poached oeuf.  I had a failed poach and had to try again.
But like I've said-I ain't eating no ugly food.


At lunch I learned that chicken thighs are awesome because even in the microwave they stay tender and juicy.

Leftover Country Captain chicken.  It reheated quite well.

As always, clementines are as delicious as they are cute.

Who's a widdle sweetie?

Dinner tonight was a new recipe.  Thai Basil Beef.  It had a much brighter flavor than I was anticipating.  Really good, though, and loaded with colorful crunchy veggies.

Taste the rainbow!  Thanks husband!

I also ate a fuckload of these cookies. Jeebus, they're delicious.  Not low cal, but amaaaaaaazing.  And since I'll be swearing off sugar starting Sunday for a 90 day haul, I'm just going to cram these into my pie hole with abandon until then.  Or until I run out.

They look a little homely.  But they are made of magic.

It is a blizzard outside, so I'm just going to sit here eating cookies and drinking tea.  If it's possible to get out of the driveway I'll be hitting the box tomorrow.  Probably be the treader on Thursday unless it's nice enough at lunch to get my run in.  Friday it's off to the conference.  Now the challenge is to see if I own any business casual clothes that fit.  I'm guessing not.  I haven't worn khakis in years.  We shall see.



2 comments:

  1. I had that sore throat shit that wouldn't go away either. I got it right at Christmas. Was sick for a week. Got better for a couple days and then sick all over again. I went in too and got Bacrtim. I swore I had mono. I was so damn tired. All I wanted to do was sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's the one! So glad it's on its way out.

    ReplyDelete