Thursday, January 23, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 29

I need a change.  Do you ever feel that way?  Like you just need to do something drastic to get out of a rut? That's why I decided to play rugby.  It's why I decided to train for my first half marathon.  It's why I joined CrossFit.  Every now and then I just get a wild hair and make a leap of faith.  It generally works out pretty well.  The three things I listed off got me a husband, a new hobby, and visible traps.  All good things.  Other wild hairs have been my arm sleeve, various outlandish haircuts, and motorcycle riding lessons.  I know how to pick 'em.

What to do, what to do...I'll think of something.  Soon.  Because all wild hairs are done as quickly as possible.

On to the menu!

Breakfast was "the usual".
With coconut "latte".

I'm going to pause to wax poetic about Thai Kitchen coconut milk.  It is so worth the extra cash over Goya if you can swing it.  I believe you could make coconut whipped cream right out of the can with this stuff.  It is just lovely and creamy and ever so slightly sweet.  Perfect.  I will never go back.  End advertisement.

Considering I've been off since last Friday, today went pretty well in the office.  Some stuff to catch up on, but nothing too outlandish.  There was some leftover spaghetti squash and meat sauce, so that was elected for lunch.

There's quite a bit of squash under all that sauce.

Dinner was a new recipe from Well Fed 2.  Taj Mahal chicken with cauli rice.  I have no idea what goes into the prep as my husband made it.  I just snarfed it down happily and am eagerly anticipating the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Get in mah belly.

I made a quick run to the store tonight for some dates and picked up some goji squares.  They are really tasty and made from all whole foods (no sugar or sweeteners).  It's pricey to buy it, so one of these days I'm going to figure out how to make them myself so I don't have to.  


Paleo fudge, y'all.

It's nice to be in control of my meals again.  I didn't really do any snacking today, which was fine since aside from meal times I wasn't really hungry.  

Tomorrow I have an indoor 5k after work (if the weather holds, it's in Milwaukee) and I'm planning to hit the box early in the morning.  A fun fitness filled day, with work smushed in between.  I need to hit the lottery.  There just isn't time to work and do all the fun stuff I want to do.  Of course, you have to buy a ticket to win.  There's always a fly in the ointment.



No comments:

Post a Comment