Sunday, February 2, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 39

Today was a great day!  I got to go outside!  In the sun!  And breath fresh air!!  Which makes me so haaaaaappppeeeeeeee!!!  The only person in my bed last night was my husband.  It's weird how the boys know when dad is there-they never try to sleep in our bed when he's home.  On his nights at work?  Free for all.  I did get the world's cutest good morning when one of the boys walked up to my side of the bed and said "Good Morning, Mommy!" Then hugged my head and kissed my nose.  They have their moments.  Right now they are having a "What can I do to cause maximum pain, destruction, noise, and devastation while the parentals try to watch the fucking Super Bowl?" moment.

On to the menu!
Breakfast was a waffle sunbutter and raisin sandwich and leftover porkitos.  Yes, there were two leftover porkitos.  I can hardly believe it myself.  I also frothed up a little coconut milk in my coffee as there wasn't much left in the fridge and I figured I might as well.
You haven't made porkitos yet?  That's lame.


I went to the box this morning for our little "Stop eating so much fucking shit" meeting followed by the Team WOD.  I've never been able to make a Team WOD before.  It was super fun.  We lined up by age (I was the 5th oldest) and numbered off for teams.  It was a good workout, and I got to touch the worm for the first time.  That is what she said.  I have to eat before working out or I get hypoglycemic and woozy.  Thanks, hyperactive pancreas!  So I had a couple of snacks.
Some pineapple at home.  

I bought a spiral pineapple slicer on Amazon for like $6.  It was shipped from Singapore and is a suspicious looking tool if I ever saw one.  Makes short work of a pineapple, though.  I took some fruit to the box and almost left it in my car.  That would've been sad.

Weirdly out of focus, but look at my fun CF shoes!

After I got home, I had a cup of hot tea and considered lunch.  I wasn't particularly hungry, but I figured I better eat, so I ate the very last bit of my squash/pizza casserole and some grapes. I didn't eat the stuffed otter.  It was probably dry.

It was hard to finish it all. Who the fuck am I?

It was such a lovely sunny day, and I was already dressed to run, so I went out for some air this afternoon.  The wind was pretty cold, but the sun made up for it.  I didn't wear my watch or really have a plan of where to go, so I just followed my feet and listened to my music, and enjoyed the squeak of snow beneath my feet.  I figure I went about 3 miles since I was gone just over 30 minutes and my pace felt pretty relaxed.  Whatever it was, it was deeply invigorating, and I'm glad I went.  

I had a couple of these bad boys when I got back.  My husband always finds the nicest dates for me.  Soft and sweet and lovely.
Sweet like candy, soothes my soul.

By the time dinner rolled around I was fucking ravenous.  Since it's Super Bowl Sunday, we were going to do "Wings and Things" but wings were $4/lb at the grocery store, so we went for grilled chicken strips and things.  I loaded up my plate and snarfed it all down, happily licking Frank's Red Hot off my fingers.

I should've made more broccoli. 

So there will be no beer, and no garbage for me during the game.  And that's fine.  I may have a couple more dates later if I'm feeling frisky.

Oh.  One more thing.  These avocados? Are evil whores.  Rock solid with no give for a week and this morning?  Mush.  Avocados are an awful practical joke played by Mother Nature on humanity.  How could she make a fruit so perfect and yet so damn difficult to consume?  Pears are almost as bad.  Those goddamn things are ripe for exactly 22 seconds and it's never when you actually want to eat one.  

Stupid fucking avocados.

So there you have it.  I'm got some sun so now I'm all cheerful and shit.  I had two fun workouts today so I'm all "Rah Rah fitness".  If there was a way to bottle motivation, I'd be set.  Except I probably couldn't find the fucking bottle while I'm fumbling around at 4:30am.

Happy Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment