Saturday, February 15, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 52

I accomplished quite a bit today.  I cleaned the downstairs (not that you can tell anymore), did 6 loads of laundry, knitted about half a sock, and managed not to bury the kids in the backyard.  Just up to their necks.  I don't want them dead, I just want them to be still for fiveminutesohmygod.  I didn't cook a damn thing, just ate up leftovers, which is an accomplishment in itself.

I also did not eat the last few pieces of eggnog fudge from the freezer.  The only reason I did not eat them is because I would have had to photograph them for this blog and I couldn't bring myself to do that.  It's not my fault.  It's the hormones.  They are dirty eggnog fudge whores.

On to the menu!
Breakfast was using up a couple of bacon/chive waffles for a bacon and egg sandwich.  These waffles are a little dry to use for this purpose, but I wasn't in the mood to make hollandaise this morning.
This would have been phenomenal with cheese.

After breakfast began the mega-job that was denastifying this house.  The state of the countertops and floors was deeply shameful.  It took about 3 hours to set everything right, just in time to make lunch for the kids which means crumbs everywhere again.  I had a quick snack before making their lunch with the idea that I would make my own lunch while they napped
 
Ummmm...this was lunch.


The children didn't nap.  I made them stay in their rooms, where they leaped off the furniture and stomped around like fucking elephants.  One of them completely screwed up the toilet paper roll in the upstairs bathroom, every one of them made 7000 trips to the bathroom with much door banging, and of course of course the moment I stepped out of the shower someone screamed "Mommy, I goed poooopyyyyyy"  From the marketing team that brought you the brilliant fight starter "Mom's got a Knife", comes a brand new laxative guaranteed to work every time "Mom's in the Shower"!  Yes!  Do you have a constipated child?  A little one that just won't poop?  Just have the child's mother get in the shower and BANG!  Instant bowel movement!  Because who doesn't want to wipe asses while dripping wet and wrapped in a towel?  Certainly not me.

EverygoddamntimeIshower.

So instead of lunch, I had this enormous coconut milk latte.
Seriously. Shut. the. fuck. up.

Both boys fell asleep in the living room around 3pm.  Because sleeping in their beds at 1pm was crazytalk.  

Dinner was more leftovers.
The last stuffed pepper.

It's entirely possible I'll be cramming raisins into my face later.  Looking back on it, I didn't eat much today.  There're some grapefruits in the fridge, I might give one or two of those a go.

Tomorrow I'm going to attempt a long run sandwiched between 2 WODs.  8:15am WOD, 6-8 miles (depending on time) with one of my 5:15am buddies, challenge club meeting, team WOD.  I'm going to have to get a big breakfast and bring some snacks.  It's supposed to snow overnight, but stop early and be warmish and sunny mid-morning.  I've got a new pair of Asics to try out, and the idea of fresh air is deeply exciting.  

Something tells me I'll sleep well tomorrow night.  Which is good, because 5:15am comes early on Monday mornings.

I can feel the eggnog fudge.  You might say throw it away.  That won't help.  I'm not proud of this, but I've been known to fish candy out of the trash.  It's been a while, but I've been down that rabbit hole.

I will NOT eat fudge.  I will NOT.





No comments:

Post a Comment