Friday, February 14, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 51

Today went remarkably well.  Orders came in, deliveries went out, I remembered my lunch.  All good things.  It was also a lovely sunny day (not that I knew that, as I work in a windowless office).  I have high hopes for Sunday.  I need some fresh air pronto.

My house also needs cleaned, many dishes washed, and much laundry done.  That's tomorrow's big plan.  Oh, BTW, today is Valentine's Day and I don't give a shit.

I went to the box this morning for a wee hours workout.  I was able to bump up my unbroken back squat weight and did power cleans at a weight that I thought would be very challenging.  It was challenging, don't get me wrong, but a little voice in my head said "You could have done more."  That doesn't happen to me very often, and it's a little thrilling to feel like you're on the brink of something.  Like getting ready to cross a boundry line previously unbreached.  

On to the menu!
I had a banana pre-WOD.  You'll have to take my word for it.  Breakfast was the standard, with the addition of a coconut milk latte.

Clucks and pork.

I brought a granola bar for my snack.  I also enjoyed a nice cup of tea.  Tea is more delicious with a moustache.

Well, hellooo there.

I snaked the leftover chicken stew for lunch today.  It serves my husband right for taking the last of the pork last week.  I didn't photograph it, I just mashed it into my face.  I love it when the people around me remark on how good my lunch smells.  Because I know it smells awesome, and it gives me the chance to point out the marvelousness of whole foods and also the mad cooking skillz of my husband.

Tonight's dinner was Moco Loco.  Cauliflower rice, a hamburger, a fried egg, and gravy.  Sound super weird, right?  I guess it's a popular comfort food in parts of the country (obviously with regular rice and gravy made with flour).  I'd never heard of it, but I'm usually game to try new things.  It was good, in that "put on your sweats and eat a bowl of mac&cheese" kind of way.  I've now had cauliflower 3 times in the last 24 hours.  Things are about to get real....stinky.

Yummy.

Yesterday I started a batch of dehydrated strawberries in the oven  ala Pinterest.  Pinterest can suck it.  Seriously.  The instructions were bake for 3 hours in an oven at 210 degrees.  Har dee har har.  Now, I admit I could've cut them smaller, but 3 hours is fucking ridiculous.  I would never make these in the oven again.  Food dehydrator, sure.  They weren't the pretty red color of the ones in the Pinterest picture (shocker), but they tasted good.  I'll be tweaking this one and giving it another go.  When we plant this summer I'm going to put in berries.  Dried and vacuum sealed would be a good way to store them.
Ugggleeeeeeeee.

On the upside, the kids all really liked them in spite of their ugliness.  This makes it way too easy to eat 2 quarts of berries.  Not that I did that.  Fuck, I totally did that.  You have to give me a little credit, though.  I used to be the girl that ate 2 quarts of berries on a whole cheesecake.  This is better, right?

Right?





No comments:

Post a Comment