Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Blogging the Menu: Day 55

Something wonderful happened today.  I finished all my work.  Nothing left hanging.  Someone pinch me, because that never happens.  There's always something left over for the next day-a lab, a phone call, a new start.  Not today!  I even got my eval all emailed out and some catch up documentation done.  It's a St. Patrick's day miracle.  A little early.

On to the menu!
In my quest for 6 cups of veggies per day (and the instruction to eat more carbs at breakfast), I made "egg mess" which is what I call stuff fried in a pan with eggs poured over it.  It's what I make when I'm too lazy to pay attention to eggs enough to make an omelette. It's about 2 cups of spinach and mushrooms, and some strawberries for funsies.
Hmmm.  Blurry.  I must have been drunk.

I got to the office early since I had to drop the spawn at school and daycare respectively.  I made a pot of not-shitty coffee, but I was too full to eat my snack until almost 11am.

More veg.  Ok, technically legumes.  Shut up.

My fabulous husband left the leftovers from last night's dinner for me.  It's a good thing, too, because that shit was amazing and I would have been pretty hocked off if he'd kept them all for himself.  This is not me being selfish, he had two helpings last night to my one.  I was owed the leftovers.

My lunch is was much sexier than everyone else's.

Not a ton of veg there, but some.  I had my mid-afternoon cup of tea and a couple of clementines even though I wasn't exactly hungry.  I figured it was better to eat them then and not be starving at dinner.  Starving at dinner equals weird choices.  As it is I had to stop myself from just eating a whole kielbasa. Instead I ate half a kielbasa and 4 cups of roasted broccoli.  Now I'm so full I feel kind of ill. I'll be surprised if I eat anything else tonight.  If I do it's likely to be prunes, though that could be a deeply horrible idea.

6 cups of broccoli is a lot of fucking broccoli.  I was going to make kale chips tonight, but I'm sitting now and I don't want to get up.  I also need to make banana pudding.  It's really a shame the kitchen is so far away.

I exchanged a few emails with a Vizsla breeder in Fairchild today.  She has two male puppies that are not spoken for who will be ready to go home at the end of March.  The husband had indicated he'd rather a female, but males are much cheaper to neuter.  We shall see.  If we go that route we'd have our new family member on pretty much the same time table as originally planned.  

Now it's time to crawl into my sweats and cast on a new pair of socks.  90 minutes until bedtime.





No comments:

Post a Comment